In a huge blow for the fans of Karnataka Cricket and the Karnataka State Cricket Association, the state government denied the permission of the Chinnaswamy Stadium, who returned on June 4 to host the upcoming ICC Women’s World Cup matches in 2025.
The black day in the history of Chinnaswamy Stadium came after winning its first title in the IPL. On June 4, the Chinnaswamy Stadium was marked as a day to arrange a victory parade for the RCB, and the ground was washed away with more crowd than expected.
The organizers were not designed to manage such a huge crowd; It led a massacre and resulted in a stampede situation, as 11 people were reported to be dead on the day of happiness. As a result, there was immense criticism for event organizers, RCB management, KSCA and police officers involved in the event.
cricketballgame.com
The government refuses to allow Chinnaswamy Stadium to host World Cup matches.
According to recent reports by India Today, the Karnataka State Cricket Association has been denied hosting any Women’s World Cup matches at Chinnaswamy Stadium, which cited serious concerns in the Judicial Commission report after the June 4 stampede.
Sources at the Bharat Today Karnataka State Cricket Association have said that the fixtures with the inauguration ceremony will now be transferred to other places. The decision was taken by the cabinet after Justice John Michael D’Sunha’s report and conclusions.
The Commission was established to investigate the stampede situation after the celebration of IPL victory outside the stadium, which led to the death of so many people, as well as several others injured. The findings of the Commission states that the stadium is ‘fundamentally unsafe’ for large -scale events.
KSCA attacked RCB and DNA after Chinnaswamy
The hosting rights of the Chinnaswamy Stadium were taken away, KSCA has expressed its disappointment, stating that the stadium is successfully hosting 750 matches and about 15 IPL sessions, without any such incident.
Convicting RCB management and DNA company, a KSCA official said, “Even our request to host matches without the audience was rejected.
However, Chinnaswamy officials have been accused of laps in mob management, causing a massacre on June 4; Therefore, the investigation states that even KSCA is partially responsible for the unwanted incident.
This is not his first blow as he has been rejected before the occasion to host the KSCA Maharaja T20 Trophy earlier this month.
Also Read: Harshit Rana slapped with large -scale approval before Asia Cup 2025
India and Sri Lanka to co-run the ICC Women’s World Cup 2025
For the first time in all these years in the history of women’s cricket, Sri Lanka is co-holding a woman ICC event, while India will host its fourth tournament, finally returning in 2013.
The tournament has been announced from 30 September to 2 November to 2 November, with a total of 8 part teams. Australia is the defending champion with the 7th title to win 2022.