Site icon CricketBallGame

Punjab Kings and Preity Zinta crack down on viral rumours, warn of serious action

table of contents

Punjab Kings (PBKS) and its co-owner Preity Zinta have issued a warning on social media platform ‘X’ regarding some fake stories and claims on social media platform ‘X’.

In recent times, when PBKS has lost four consecutive matches in the ongoing IPL 2026 season, some shocking claims have been made by some so-called ‘sports journalists’ on the internet. The franchise and co-owner have suggested that cricket fans avoid claims that have no basis.

key points

  • Punjab Kings and co-owner Preity Zinta issued strong statements against fake news on social media.
  • PBKS warned fans and media personalities against spreading unverified information for engagement.
  • This controversy comes amid the defeat of Punjab Kings in four consecutive matches in IPL 2026.

Punjab Kings co-owner Preity Zinta issues official statement

On May 13, Preity Zinta said through a social media post that healthy debate around the game is welcome. But there is a difference between criticism and deliberate misinformation. The image of an individual or team can be harmed due to fake narratives. She further claims that such a fake story should not be taken lightly.

Preity Zinta said, “There is a difference between criticism and deliberate misinformation. Healthy debate around sports is welcome, but fake narratives deliberately spread to harm individuals, teams or brands should not be taken lightly. I urge everyone, including verified voices and media professionals, to take responsibility before amplifying unverified information.”

The franchise has also issued an official statement

The franchise reiterated the same in its latest social media post. PBKS suggests that all fans verify the facts before blindly trusting them. Strictly speaking, the franchise claims that some social media posts are meant to attract cheap engagement.

“Criticism, mockery and opinion are part of the game. There are no fake stories and stories fabricated for cheap engagement. We urge everyone to verify facts before spreading misinformation for attention or attraction,” PBKS said on May 13, a day after their match against Delhi Capitals.

A few days ago, during an online conversation, Team India and Punjab Kings star Arshdeep Singh had made some explosive claims. He claimed that there were many well-known people, including some commentators and cricket experts, who were not happy to see the team top the points table.

“If you listened to the commentators, they were not happy when we were claiming back-to-back wins. There are many people out there who don’t want to see us in a good position. Since we lost our last match, they got a chance to celebrate and criticize us,” Arshdeep Singh had earlier said.

In that discussion, another Punjab Kings star Yuzvendra Chahal was present there and he nodded his head in agreement to Arshdeep’s claims.

Punjab Kings are currently in a losing position

The runners-up of the IPL 2025 season, Punjab Kings, were in form at the start of the tournament. Punjab remained on top in the points table for a long time. But now, they are located at 4th They remained ranked No. 1 after losing 4 back-to-back games.

PBKS’ next match will be against Mumbai Indians on April 14 at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala.

Read more: Arshdeep Singh ignored BCCI’s order, seen with Samreen Kaur in the team bus during IPL 2026

Exit mobile version