Site icon CricketBallGame

Chris Woakes’s ash partnership was confirmed? All -rounder gives good news to England

Veteran England National Cricket Team all-rounder Chris Woakes has given some good news to the team management before Ashes 2025-26.

The upcoming version of the Ashes is set to start at the Perth Stadium on November 21, 2025, and the series is to conclude at the Sydney Cricket Ground from January 4, 2026.

Chris Woakes suffered a serious injury during the Anderson-Tendulkar Trophy

Senior English all -rounder Woakes hurt his left shoulder on 1 of the fifth Test match against the India National Cricket Team at Kennington Oval, London.

cricketballgame.com

The unfortunate incident took place in the Anderson-Tendulkar Trophy 2025 during the first innings of India’s final exam. While fielding in the 57th over, Chris Woakes moved a ball from the mid-off to the border and put a dive to pull the ball back inside the ropes.

It felt a dangerous dive to the all-rounder, as his hand slipped on the moist outfield, and he landed strangely. Things looked frightening due to all -rounder being in significant pain.

Phyiso Ben Davis reached the ground to help Chris Woakes and took him back to the dressing room for treatment, before the ECB said the all-rounder had to face a shoulder disorder and he would miss the remaining part of the game.

But he showed a lot of courage and went out to bat as a number 11 player with his hand in a gofne in the fourth innings. And although he did not face any ball, he ran between wickets to provide assistance to Gas Atkinson. However, England still lost a thrilling test by 6 runs.

ALSO READ: India Squad for Asia Cup 2025: Shreyas Iyer, Yashsvi Jaiswal’s snub was confirmed; On the official announcement…

There is definitely good news for me – Chris

Earlier this month, in a conversation with the BBC Sport, Vox said it was uncertain whether to undergo surgery or go for rehabilitation, the eyes on the ash.

Now, in a conversation on Sky Sports, Chris Woakes stated that he is taking a non-surgical route because he does not need to go under the knife. He said:

“There is definitely good news for me. This is the best way to see. Obviously, out of sling, and I think I can move it much better now, which is good for two weeks from the line.

“I think once you get a little more movement in it, it seems a little more normal. But still do a lot of work. I am trying and focusing on rehabilitation and making it as strong as possible. Ideally, I will not need surgery for now, but we will see how it goes and hope that we can do it well again.”

Also read: “Not in India …”: MS Dhoni’s friend examined reality on Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli’s retirement.

Look: Chris Woakes left an update of an injury with his hand, which is now out of a sack

Exit mobile version